Monday, October 3, 2011

Enjoying Chocolate Sunday

Luxury Chocolate Show
SUNDAY, October 2, 2011
at Roy Thomspon Hall

Part of the Toronto Chocolate Festival, the Luxury Chocolate Show is definitely a calling for all Chocolate lovers within driving distance of the city.

My perspective on the show is limited, as I was a volunteer for the event, but from what I could tell, it's an event I would definitely go to in the future.

I still enjoyed the free samples, overheared some of the chocolate making shows, watched people getting chocolate massages and chocolate henna, and watched (I kid you not) the 9-1-1 Chocolate Relay between firefighters, police, and securty. (Spoiler: The firefighters won.) The relay was actually quite hilarious and sporting (I'm not the type of person to show up just to drool at men in uniform). I'm disappointed I didn't get a chance to see the chocolate and wine pairings in the chocolate bar and lounge, but It's something to look forward to next year.

With a discounted ticket price of $20 each, if you're a student you may need to budget for this event, but it is well worth it for a full day of chocolate related goodness. Plus, you can get a handstamp and re-enter, if you feel you need a break from sweet food partway through the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment