Starring Steve McQueen
View it here.
I was constantly entertained with this campy '50s horror/drama flick. There was no stone left unturned in '50s cliches, horror protagonist follies, and ridiculously executed fates for each of the victims. Even the trailer is hysterical.
- Opening song: reminiscent of a conga line
- 30-year-old teenagers
- Police's "damn those no-good-punks" attitude
- Scooby-Doo-eqsue delinquence
- When "special" effects take illustrated form
- The final scene (SPOILER): five seconds of dropping a parachuted mound into the arctic, then cut to black
- Stupid children... really, really stupid children
- The easily grasped yet slowly acknowledged solution
- Appearances of The Blob are surprisingly limited
Best Final Quote (SPOILER):
"At least we've got it stopped." // "Yeah, as long as the Arctic stays cold."
The Verdict: Hilarious! 5 Stars (*****)
Find my post on the CINEFILLES blog.